Remember to consult with your Physician before beginning ANY exercise plan or regimen.

Monday, July 12, 2010

One week down...

So I finished my first week of P90X

I have been doing extra cardio ahead of time, since that's always been my strength and I want to eventually get back into running so if I can handle it, why not. I equated it earlier to playing ball with friends and still not working out. Why work out if you can't enjoy your strengths right?

My resting heart rate has already dropped 15-ish points from being 85-90 bpm down to 70ish bpm. I didn't see much of a change until my rest day, showing how important that rest day can really be.

Overall I am down about 6 lbs for week 1, I was down almost 8 lbs, but regained 2 lbs over the weekend, however not due to sloppy eating. I hope it's just my body reacting to the rest day and the extra protein and supplements now in my diet.

I already feel a bit stronger, bought a better doorway chinup bar, and was messing with it a bit today before doing week 2 of Chest and Back. That complemented with the drop in weight, and drop in heart rate shows that I have seen quick improvements. I have no experience with other "formal" workout programs, since I used to always be VERY active in my younger years and didn't need any programs to outrun 99% of the people i knew, and outswim 99.5% of them too.

I hope my best days are ahead of me, and it looks like P90X may be my first step in getting there. I feel satisfied at the end of a workout, my muscles almost give out, but they feel so good after ( although weak for a while ). The protein shake in the P90X book is simple, but good, I've got a chocolate protein shake mix thrown into it ( not the P90X brand, but another fortified with all kinds of goodies as an all in one ).

I'll probably blog about once or twice a week from this point, or if there are any points of significance otherwise.

Stay tuned and good luck with your own exercise programs!

No comments:

Post a Comment